We have all heard that there is an increase in Domestic Violence due to the current situation, with particular regards to people being indoors with each other far longer than normal.
People living in enforced close proximity will lead to increased tensions in some cases. Although it’s something we would like to hope is not too prevalent within our parishes, unfortunately there are likely to be families and partnerships who are in challenging, and in some cases abusive and or violent relationships.
Please pray for any who are vulnerable at this time.
Here are some helpful numbers. They might just be a lifeline for someone in need.
- WomansAid : National Domestic Violence Helpline – 0808 2000 247
- The Mix: Advice for the under 25yrs. – 0808 808 4994
- Advice for Male Victims of Domestic Violence: 0808 8801 0327
- Childline: Deals with a vast variety of children concerns including Domestic Violence. 0800 1111
- CSAS website: www.csas.uk.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Guidance-Supporting-people-who-may-be-experiencing-domestic-violence.pdf